A Guide to Choosing the Perfect Nipple Prosthetic
Deciding whether to wear a nipple prosthetic or undergo reconstructive surgery is a very personal choice. Unlike in the past, today women have more choices when it comes to reconstructing their breasts and nipples. Many women are prompted by their doctors to undergo nipple reconstruction surgeries, but there are other options. If you have recently undergone a mastectomy or breast reconstruction surgery, then you should consider a nipple prosthetic.
Generally women have to wait at least three months after breast reconstruction surgery before they can have their nipple reconstructed. Nipple prosthetics can be worn by women who are awaiting reconstructive surgery, or by those who choose not to undergo another reconstructive procedure. At Pink Perfect, our prosthetics are adhesive nipples that are designed to perfectly match your breast. We handcraft custom-made nipples, as well as ready-made nipples that come in various sizes, shapes, colors, and areola textures. They stick to your breasts using medical adhesive. They are waterproof and tough enough to remain in place while you perform daily activities, including running or swimming.
To find the right nipple prosthetic for your breast, follow this guide:
- Custom-made or Ready-made? The first step to choosing the best prosthetic for your breast is choosing between a custom-made and ready-made nipple.
- Custom-made nipples are intended for women who have had a unilateral, one-sided mastectomy and need a fake nipple that looks exactly the same as the healthy one. In this case, our Pink Perfect artists can handcraft a prosthetic using an impression of your healthy nipple and color chart. This way, your prosthetic will be the exact same size, color, shape and texture as your other nipple, making your breasts look even and natural.
If you wish to have a custom-made nipple, then the next step is to contact Pink Perfect for an impression kit. Once you receive your impression kit in the mail, create your impression by following the instructions. Then send it back to us with a photo and color specification of your healthy nipple.
This option is also good for women before the surgery who want the exact nipple or after surgery I can cope it from a picture.
- Ready-made nipples are suitable for women who have had a unilateral or bilateral mastectomy but do not need a custom-made solution. Both types of prosthetics are made from platinum grade silicon so they look and feel real.
- Choose a style. If you do not need a custom-made nipple, then you can choose a ready-made nipple. They are available in three different styles, which differ in nipple projection and areola texture.
- Natural – Our Natural style nipples are perfect for women who want a delicate, classic look. With a bra you’ll have a subtle look, and without a bra your nipple will appear natural. The nipple has a realistic appearance but the texture isn’t too prominent.
- Bold – The Bold style best suits women who want a realistic look with a prominent nipple appearance. With a shirt and padded bra, the nipple will not show at all. Without a bra, it gives you a complete and sexy look. The nipple, areola and areola glands have an authentic appearance and texture.
- Modest – This style is best for women who want their nipple to appear realistic, without being too obvious. The nipple and areola have a realistic appearance and texture. It nipple looks natural with a shirt and bra and appears subtle without a bra.
- Select a color – Once you decide on a style, you can choose the most natural color for nipple. You can choose from eight different color variations of brown and pink. Use the color guide to find more information about each color.
If you find that a nipple prosthetic is right for you, contact us at Pink Perfect – (1) 646 415-9120. We will be glad to help you choose the perfect nipple for you, and guide you through every step of the process.
No comment yet.